Monday, October 13, 2008

Jack Frost visits Lake Tahoe

Had to get at least one with the Lake in it...
There was quite a bit-o-snow where the sun don't shine...
the now mostly frozen waterfall, from the top and the base...
Mt. Rose mocking me from above. I wouldn't get within a thousand feet of the top...



I attempted to run up to Mt. Rose Summit this morning, only to be turned back by mother nature just as the climb was getting interesting-but check out the visuals, frozen waterfall and all...ran half way up Rose and a third of the way up Relay Peak instead.
As with any of the pics on this blog, just click on 'em to get the full sized version.

2 comments:

Turi said...

That waterfall is awesome! Man, that must have been a chilly morning run...

SnowLeopard said...

I know right where you were! Those are some beautiful pictures~ I only went up to the summit twice this year, but maybe if the snow melts and it warms up a bit I'll get in a few more trails this season...