Thursday, April 30, 2009

training progress...and regression

Over the last week or two I'd managed to get my stair time over 27 floors down to 2:13.0. although I've lost my sense of pace - I guess starting too fast and fading at the end. I'd also got my 5k time for 2009 down to 17:14, with negative splits of 5:36, 5:35, 5:33, and :30 for the last 200 meters (5 minute pace). Today was a step backwards, as I ran slower than my last two times up the stairs, which would have been fine if I hadn't been pegging my heart-rate to run even that fast (2:19.2). To top it off, my weight vest was stolen from the stairwell. Those degenrates are going to get some bad juju!!! Hopefully, next week will be better!

2 comments:

SnowLeopard said...

Tomorrow is always another day... And I hope I can see you on Sunday at the race, even if you don't run. I miss working with you~

slowrunner77 said...

i plan on being there for morale support (but not running)...and because Dave and I are splitting a special brew afterwards!