Friday, May 22, 2009

beer and intervals

Mmm...beer.
After enjoying a three year (2006-2008) vertical tasting of New Belgium La Folie (flemish sour ale-I know...sounds gross) I had my last hard run planned for this morning before Monday's No Excuses Run in Sacramento. It didn't feel great, but reluctantly went as planned...3.1 warm-up, 6 x 3:00 @12 mph (2:00 recovery @7.3-7.4 mph), and a shorter cool-down. AND...I actually got to work on time!
Dave has decided that sour ales are not for him. Lisa (co-owner of Record Street Brewing) had a very entertaining reaction once we pursuaded her to try it. And I quote "What the...what...WHY?! Why would somebody do that to a beer?" Good stuff. I think it's safe to say that Joe, Ben & I enjoyed them (which is good since it's the most expensive beer any of us have ever bought), but the super high level of carbonation (from the wild yeast and brett) mixed with the high acidity of the beer itself makes it so it's not so agreeable in the belly. Totally worth it though. Now I get to coast for the next two days before going to Sac. Next up is probably a Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale...

3 comments:

HiAltDawg said...

don't forget Cory, he liked them better w/ every sip.

slowrunner77 said...

good point...good point. He was kinda scared of the beer after the first sip, though. I'm glad he came around.

abby said...

I am SO with Lisa on the sours. gross!