Thursday, June 25, 2009

lots o' laps


Did a mile in the pool this morning for the first time ever after a 17 minute half mile yesterday. If I was only about 60 years older, I think I may have an age group win in my future...about 17:40/18:20 for a 36:00 mile...64 + 1/2 laps, 36 freestyle, 28 + 1/2 breastroke. I continue to be a model of inefficiency, but it was pretty easy...and a whole minute or so faster than my open water swim w/wetsuit in April. If I can cut another 10 off, I just might be respectable.

3 comments:

SnowLeopard said...

Hee hee! Love the picture! And YAAAY! I'm way faster than you in the pool! Cool. I can beat you at something. :) I swam 1000 yard freestyle in 16:40 last week. Not that it's a record breaking time, but at least I can swim 200 more yards than you in the same amount of time. Aren't I a stinker? What was that term? Fasthole? I promise never to go that far at least~

slowrunner77 said...

ha ha...Amber is a fasthole!!!

slowrunner77 said...

did 2525 yards in the pool yesterday...left shoulder and arms pretty heavy now. 101 laps...71 free, 30 breast.