Friday, June 19, 2009

RE: Shifting Gears a Little

An update to Monday's post. It seems as though I could not secretly turn 32. My body noticed, and revolted. My pulled right calf (in addition to the partial left Achilles tear, recent left Achilles swelling & pain, & right hip and back pain) was re-pulled Wednesday night rounding first base. This after two and a half days of no running, so it appears I'll be transitioning fully to cross training for a while. I hadn't quite gotten my weekly average for the year up to 30, but I have been between 30-45 quality miles a week for a couple months now. Over 23 weeks I ran 620 miles and did 2343 sets of weights, and other cross training. The plan for the next month is to do 3 swims a week, lift 6 days, cross-train 3 days (eliptical or bike) and run when I can. I may be out for the remainder of the post-season in softball, but still hope to play next season, starting next month. We'll see...

5 comments:

Peter Lubbers said...

Well, sorry to hear that, but here's a belated Happy Birthday!

slowrunner77 said...

thanks Pete...no matter how many of those I have, I'll never be as old as Mr. Lubbers...hahahahahahaha.

SnowLeopard said...

Holy Crap! That's a lot of miles! I didn't even run that much in all of last year, when I wasn't injured! Nice. :)

slowrunner77 said...

i wish i could agree that 600 is a lot...last year i was at about 1700 or so by this time of the year.

Wife said...

Your recording of your workouts is amazing!