Wednesday, November 25, 2009

AGE GRADED 80!

I'd posted last October a goal of mine - what it would take for me to run an age-graded 80 or better (scraping the bottom of National class) and finally hit one after an up and down 13 months. After coming oh-so-close in June and again in Spetember, my time from a certified Davis course on Saturday was an 80.3! After a 9:29 3k in California (78.9) and a 12:38 4k in New York (79.6) it's a relief, and another goal hit. The funny thing is, though, not all age-graded calculators are created equal. They seem to range up to a half point, but luckily I don't have to dig too deep to find out which is dead on - the 16:10 5k was anywhere from 80.2-80.4...over 80 either way.

2 comments:

wife said...

That's awesome!!! I am so proud of you.

Peter Lubbers said...

Yes, awesome. Congrats!

You're in a different league now, but don't forget about your old friends while you're out there kicking it with the elite!