Sunday, November 8, 2009

"off" week

No race this weekend, but there's 3 over the next 2 weeks, and today's run around Donner Lake gave me 65 miles for the week, my highest since the end of October...2008! Cool beans-this was after setting what had been my weekly high for the year just last week (a hair under 55 miles), and included 2 quality interval days and lots o' weights. I wish every week was like that...but with a race!
The next three are the Donner Lake Turkey Trot 7-miler on 11-15, which had some quality guys up front last year, the Davis Turkey Trot 5k on 11-21, which I have no chance to win barring a natural disaster to the leader(s) while on course, & Folsom Trail Series #3 (5k) on 11-22. I haven't raced back to back, save for the Odyssey, in nearly a decade, so that should be fun.

3 comments:

wife said...

I will try hard not to get you sick!

slowrunner77 said...

back to being sick and skipping/sortening runs apparently. too good to last i guess...

SnowLeopard said...

I greatly enjoyed our mid-week run up at Donner too- just wish I could have made it back up there for the Turkey Trot today!