Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Mythbusters starring Tusker Lager



Quick recap.
May/June 2010 I was comfortably* running 5-5:05 pace for 5k. Then my Achilles went to poo (again). After time off, still poo. With me so far? Good. It took til December 23rd to get under 5:30 pace (5:28) for a 5k again, and I got very very sick two hours later. Haven't been anywhere near that pace for longer than a mile since. Over the last week, the Achillessesess, heels, knee, and back (as of this morning) were all pissed at the same time. YAY! But, I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. No. Not really. In reality, I had a Kenyan beer (the aforementioned Tusker Lager) after dinner, and if Kenyan beer doesn't work, I don't know what will. So, I went to Lakeridge (and to the same treadmill i'd run 15:29/16:56 on) to go for broke...and broke the treadmill. So much for that idea! Moved to another of the same model...11 mph til the very end, sped up a little the last 200...16:54 (5:27 per). Still a ways off, and I'm walking funny now, but hey, it's my best in nearly two months. For the record, I'd have been walking funny even if i just did a freakin aquasize class this morning.

*regularly, not comfortable. That pace feels better when every joint isn't cranky, but has never been and will neer be "comfortable".
ps-YAY Kenyan beer! BTW...I scored it a 2.4/5.

3 comments:

Turi said...

So you have to choke the Tusker down, but if you do, it helps? Good to know...

SnowLeopard said...

Think a beer will help my back? Got a great big shot this morning right by that L4-L5 spot, and I'm nice an numb now... :)

Anonymous said...

... and our online drugstore will help you to overcome the alcohol consequence :)